The 3 Days quotes challenges have been making the rounds in the WordPress for a few weeks now. It is very interesting to read some of the insightful quotes some of you have shared.
This is my final day in 3 day quote challenge. I was tagged for the challenge by David. Thank you so much for nominating me. I strongly recommend following his blog. Check it out at https://chapeblog.wordpress.com
Day three quotes:
Quote 1: Inspiration and life by John F. Kennedy
“The courage of life is often a less dramatic spectacle than the courage of a final moment; but it is no less a magnificent mixture of triumph and tragedy.” ― John F. Kennedy
We are quick to create epic stories of any achievement, aggrandizing feats so they seem like future history to be read by our progeny thousands of years from now, but in that, we forget and never tell them of the actual struggle and fight we put into it.
This has rung in my ears since I first heard it as a child, and every year I grow older, it leads me to believe that the journey is just as important as the destination, if not more so, since many roads never meet the end we all search for all our lives.
Quote 2: Bruce Lee, was a Martial Arts Demigod.
“Be water my friend, be water.” -Bruce Lee
He said a lot of things that spoke to me, but this rang out to me the most. I’m the farthest thing from a martial artist but that phrase is universal. Water can not be created nor destroyed, it can be a solid and a liquid, it can be clean and then be made dirty and then clean again, it can fill an empty space, it can rain from the heavens and be a blessing or a natural disaster. Water can be whatever the circumstances call for it to be in that moment. It changes, and as people sometimes we are afraid of change. But I want to be like water and flow, and fill the space that the circumstances call for me to fill.
I want to be like water.
Quote 3: Be careful on what you think
“Whether you think you can or you can’t either way you are right” – Henry Ford
The above quote fascinates me in multitudes. Mind is certainly a beautiful thing, perhaps the most beautiful thing on earth. The way it makes us think, controls us, lets us control it and has an effect on literally everything we do is fascination to say the least. However what if this mind could be channeled, in a thought process that we want to have leading us to results what we want? Well it is a good question to have isn’t it?
- Knowing what you want
- Knowing what it takes to get what you want
- Going after what you want
- Reordering our strategies depending on how they work
- Rejoicing the success.
The above steps look fairly simple to deal with, as in – Isn’t it pretty simple? But there is something which holds the logic or a math in the situation. It is the beauty of mind. Sometimes it questions our ability in the process, it asks us whether we can do that something or not. Perhaps it helps for us
- To Identify what it actually is asking – whether it is doubting your abilities or is it trying to tell you that there is something you need to accomplish in order to achieve that something.
- To recognize the false negatives – sometimes crazy as it may sound, we do doubt our capacities no matter how confident we are. Again the question would be, how valid is that thought? How sensible is it?
- Do you believe in it? – Something that might answer this question is, is this thought helping me reach my goal in any way? Is it taking me forward or backward
- Do you need that thought? – This could be based on the answer for the question above.
- How strongly do you believe in it? That perhaps defines it all! We always find ways to get things what we really want. The question is how far we are willing to go and all along how your beliefs are going to support you.
After all this, the larger question still is, Do you think you can? 🙂
Now for my nominees and challenge rules…
- Thank your challenging blogger and post their site
- Post three consecutive days
- Post one to three quotes per day
- Challenge three different bloggers per day